At some time in our lives, most of us will make or assist in making funeral arrangements. This can mean making many decisions at a very difficult and emotional time. Funeral directors are there to offer help and guidance during one of life’s most difficult times, but there are things you can do to help yourself:
- Be an informed consumer. Be familiar with the rights afforded to you by the Federal Trade Commission's Funeral Rule. Don’t be reluctant to ask questions.
- Today’s there are a variety of options to meet your financial needs and wishes. Be sure to discuss all available options before making a decision.
- When selecting a funeral director, choose one who is licensed and has a good reputation in the community.
- Be prepared! Avoid the burden of making decisions while under emotional stress by organizing details with your funeral director ahead of time. Remember…preplanning doesn’t necessarily mean prepaying.
- Plan a personalized ceremony or service to help you begin the healing process. Getting through grief is never easy but having a meaningful funeral or tribute will help.
Whether you have just experienced a loss, or are considering making your own arrangements in advance, our intention is to do as much as we can to assist you. If you have any questions which are not addressed here, or which have not been sufficiently answered to your satisfaction, please call or email us. We thank you for your interest and your trust in us.